Release Notes Version 6.0
6.0 15th of March 2017
Welcome to the biggest release of Glaass since our unveiling. Version six is an entire back-end optimisation focused on increasing performance and stability by adopting advanced web development techniques. This update delivers colossal performance improvements, interface tweaks throughout and an assortment of new features.
- Projects Dashboard 2x faster
- Cases 3x faster
- Glaass Calendar 4x faster
- Glaass Analytics 2.5x faster
- Linking Multiple Cases 5x faster
- Locations 3x faster
- Deep String Search 2.5x faster
- We’ve enlarged the back button to more easily sort through folders
- You can also use the browser back button to breeze through cases and folders
- You’ll now see a shade over folders when you move cases
- You’ll get user feedback when you hover over linked cases
- More user feedback in Glaass Calendar when you hover over icons
- Rotate and trash icons now magnify when you hover over them
- We changed the ‘moderate’ criticality icon from yellow to orange
- Document and Drawing cases now have automatic versioning. Issue new revisions with just a single click and let Glaass automatically organise your cases and files for easy tracing
- Document Controllers can now customise the default due date of cases from the default 14 days
- Glaass now automatically scrolls when you click an action to save your fingers
- You can now upload files to 400 MB in size
- We now use Key Vault by Microsoft Azure to further increase security in Glaass
5.2 20th of November 2016
The Glaass difference is in the details. This update was dedicated to polishing user interface elements and resolving minor bugs to give users the best experience possible.
- The unread Dashboard counter is now dynamic.
- We pushed some pixels in Inspection and Test Plans.
- Photos are now bigger in Defects, Safety and Environmental Inspections.
- We resolved some minor UI bugs on tablets and phones.
- Glaass Deep String Search received an overhaul to better display locations and users.
- We resolved some minor bugs when printing cases.
- We added icons for users, groups, locations and companies.
- We realigned the case title and project logo to be perfectly symmetrical.
- Customisation received minor mobile user interface improvements.
- Glaass Preview now follows your cursor to give you a better preview experience.
- We performed more wizardry so now you can rotate photos in real time.
- A stack of other minor improvements throughout the entire user interface.
5.1 2nd of November 2016
Customisation is here! After months of planning, developing and extensive testing, we’re excited to release our powerful customisation feature. Users with Document Controller permission can now customise cases to suit any construction or engineering discipline.
- New projects have default case metadata fields to facilitate quick and easy establishment.
- Go crazy with as many, or as few fields as your project requires, there’s no limits.
- Choose a ‘User’ or ‘Company’ field type to highlight colleagues and companies directly in cases.
- Select a ‘Location’ field type to communicate precision location data.
- Use ‘Date’ or ‘Time’ field types to communicate deadlines that integrate seamlessly into Glaass Calendar.
- Make use of ‘Single and Multiple Option Select’ field type to capture specific project metadata.
- Mix and match! Swap fields around in the order you want.
- Update cases as your projects enter new phases, it’ll only affect newly created cases.
- Customisation records modifications made to cases highlighting projects unique changes.
5.0.2 3rd of September 2016
This release improves performance and resolves some minor bugs.
- Resolved an annoying bug that didn’t automatically pre-select fields.
- Resolved a bug related to inspection times in smart calendar.
- We performed some sorcery and now cases load faster.
- Search now has a remove button to delete text super quick.
- You can now view your projects total active users and storage capacity.
- Glaass now remembers collapsed and expanded headings between devices.
5.0.1 10th of August 2016
This update addresses some minor bugs and improves UI elements throughout.
- We’ve made minor user interface improvements to help navigate around.
- Did you reach a dead end? You’ll now see a message if analytics yields no results.
- If you performed some wizardry inspection and test plans wouldn’t send, it’s now fixed.